Current:Home > reviewsPatrick Mahomes' Brother Jackson Mahomes Sentenced to 6 Months Probation in Battery Case -Streamline Finance
Patrick Mahomes' Brother Jackson Mahomes Sentenced to 6 Months Probation in Battery Case
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 14:11:19
Jackson Mahomes, brother of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, has avoided a potential jail sentence in his 2023 battery case.
The 23-year-old was sentenced to six months of unsupervised probation March 7 after pleading no contest to a single count of misdemeanor battery, according to Johnson County court records obtained by E! News. The prosecution previously dismissed three felony counts of aggravated sexual battery, the records showed.
Jackson, an influencer who is often seen cheering on his brother at Chiefs games—including at last month's 2024 Super Bowl, was arrested in May 2023 following alleged incidents at Aspens Restaurant and Lounge in Overland Park, Kan. the previous February.
He had initially faced the misdemeanor battery charge for allegedly assaulting a waiter, whose identity was not made public, while the three felony counts of aggravated sexual battery were issued after he was accused of grabbing the venue's owner, Aspen Vaughn, by the neck and kissing her against her will inside an office, the Kansas City Star reported. Both accusers had gone public with their allegations in interviews with the newspaper in March.
This past January, prosecutors dismissed the sexual assault charges against Jackson after failed attempts to serve the accuser court papers compelling her to testify, the Kansas City Star reported.
Jackson appeared at his March 7 hearing via video conference. By pleading no contest to the reduced battery charge, he accepted the court's conviction without admitting guilt, the outlet added. The judge Thomas Sutherland ordered him to the custody of the Johnson County Sheriff's Department to determine whether he qualifies for work release, court records show.
"Jackson is thankful for the support of his family and friends during the last year," his attorney, Brandan Davies, told CNN March 8. "Jackson simply wanted the case to be over with and to move on with his life, the matter is now closed and we will not be issuing any further statements."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (688)
Related
- Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
- Special counsel Jack Smith argues Judge Tanya Chutkan shouldn't recuse herself in Trump case
- Shark, Nu Face, Apple & More Early Holiday Deals to Shop During QVC's Free Shipping Weekend
- They worked for years in Libya. Now an Egyptian village mourns scores of its men killed in flooding
- 3 years after the NFL added a 17th game, the push for an 18th gets stronger
- Sioux Falls pauses plan to ditch arsenic-contaminated taxidermy display at state’s largest zoo
- Jeezy files for divorce from Jeannie Mai after 2 years: 'No hope for reconciliation'
- United Auto Workers go on strike against Ford, GM, Stellantis
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Biden sending aides to Detroit to address autoworkers strike, says ‘record profits’ should be shared
Ranking
- Chief beer officer for Yard House: A side gig that comes with a daily swig.
- 'Gift from Heaven': Widow wins Missouri Lottery using numbers related to her late husband
- Court sentences main suspects in Belgium’s deadliest peacetime attack to 20-year to life terms
- Taking a Look Back at Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness' Great Love Story
- Everything Simone Biles did at the Paris Olympics was amplified. She thrived in the spotlight
- Lionel Messi, Inter Miami face Atlanta United in MLS game: How to watch
- Duran Duran debuts new song from 'Danse Macabre' album, proving the wild boys still shine
- Two Vegas casinos fell victim to cyberattacks, shattering the image of impenetrable casino security
Recommendation
How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
Drake and SZA release first collab 'Slime You Out' ahead of Drake's new album: Listen
Georgia religious group abused, starved woman to death, authorities say
Jeezy Files for Divorce From Jeannie Mai After 2 Years of Marriage
Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
Massachusetts woman indicted on charges that she killed her three children
In wildfire-decimated Lahaina, residents and business owners to start getting looks at their properties
Sia Details “Severe” Depression for 3 Years After Divorce From Erik Anders Lang